Can you host an international student? Check it out!
To inspire young minds to revolutionize tomorrow.
To value the individual and celebrate learning through innovation, collaboration, and leadership.
As a learning community, we value...
- Diversity: We respect individual differences -- culture, interests, and abilities.
- Integrity: We value honesty, trust, fairness, respect, and responsibility.
- High Expectations: We achieve academic excellence by nurturing students' curiosity.
- Student Centered Environment: We create student centered classrooms where students are actively engaged.
- Communication: We establish a sense of community where students, teachers, and parents feel connected to and supported by one another.
watch our documentary about mhs
The MGSD Board of Education approved the appointment of Ms. Cheryl Dortch as the assistant principal of South Elementary School! Ms. Dortch is no stranger to the district. She was a teacher at South Elementary from 2004 until 2014, and the 2011-2012 MGSD Teacher of the Year. In 2014, Ms. Dortch was appointed as assistant principal of South Elementary; however, due to family obligations, she had to relocate to Kentucky in 2015 where she continued her work in public education. Mooresville Graded School District is so exited to welcome this long-time South Star back home to North Carolina and MGSD!
Please read this post to learn the procedures that will be followed in the case of inclement weather for our 2019 MHS Graduation Ceremony.
It is that time of year to register your student(s) for the Back 2 School Bash! With the new calendar, it will be taking place a bit earlier this summer on July 13. This wonderful community event is made possible by local churches, businesses, and community members and helps our students start the school year off right with new shoes, school supplies and a day of fun! Oh, did we mention it is free? If you would like to signup or volunteer to help with the Bash '19, please go to www.B2SB.org. Thank you!
With the 2018 - 2019 school year coming to a close, we wanted to share information about summer feeding sites where our community's children can access breakfast and lunches while school is not in session. Thank you!