Unlike other schools in the district, MHS does not have a supply list for students. If supplies are required for class, your teacher(s) will let you know on the first day of school. In addition to your school issued computer, bringing paper and a pen/pencil on the first day of school is great idea! Remember to grab your computer at deployment!
To inspire young minds to revolutionize tomorrow.
To value the individual and celebrate learning through innovation, collaboration, and leadership.
As a learning community, we value...
- Diversity: We respect individual differences -- culture, interests, and abilities.
- Integrity: We value honesty, trust, fairness, respect, and responsibility.
- High Expectations: We achieve academic excellence by nurturing students' curiosity.
- Student Centered Environment: We create student centered classrooms where students are actively engaged.
- Communication: We establish a sense of community where students, teachers, and parents feel connected to and supported by one another.
watch our documentary about mhs
Can you host an international student? Check it out!
Are you the parent of a rising 4th through 12th grade student in MGSD? Laptop deployment is right around the corner. Find all the information you need in this post!
The online registration system for the 2019 - 2020 school year has opened! Please click on this post for full details. Here is to a great school year!
The MGSD Board of Education approved the appointment of Ms. Cheryl Dortch as the assistant principal of South Elementary School! Ms. Dortch is no stranger to the district. She was a teacher at South Elementary from 2004 until 2014, and the 2011-2012 MGSD Teacher of the Year. In 2014, Ms. Dortch was appointed as assistant principal of South Elementary; however, due to family obligations, she had to relocate to Kentucky in 2015 where she continued her work in public education. Mooresville Graded School District is so exited to welcome this long-time South Star back home to North Carolina and MGSD!
Please read this post to learn the procedures that will be followed in the case of inclement weather for our 2019 MHS Graduation Ceremony.